Thursday 21 November 2013


  • At the beginning of the animation, I used the font that Charlie selected: x
  • The other font I used was 'Brain Flower'.
  • I chose this font as it appears to be handwritten.
  • I further manipulated the text on photoshop, by placing each letter on a different level.
  • This added to the handwritten result, inspired by titles in the psychological horror film Orphan.



  • I wanted the animation to flicker between the two fonts and have a broken TV effect.









  • To create this effect, I used uncopyrighted grainy, noise textures.
  • The animation flickers quickly between the two fonts with these textures in between.
  • I also 'scribbled' around the Brain Flower font, to add to the handwritten effect.







  • The frames of the animation that contain the manipulated font and the VCR textures play for a much shorter amount of time than the font that Charlie created; the end result resembles the flashbacks that are included in our opening.
  • Overall, I am happy with the result: the clean font at the beginning reflects upon the beauty that our killer strives for, whilst the manipulated font represents the horror underneath. Furthermore, I feel that the result fits within the psychological horror genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment