Sunday 17 November 2013

Stalking Sequence




My aim of this task was to create a short sequence to display ways in which we could work this idea of stalking into our film opening. The factors I took into consideration when producing this sequence were:
  • The time of day/Lighting - I wanted for the sequence to be shot late evening/night this is because it would make the victim appear more vulnerable then if it was to be shot during daylight. As well as the use of tungsten light from the street lights giving the sequence more of a warmer tone against the dreary scene.
  • Victim - For the sequence I wanted a youthful looking girl because when creating our film sequence we want the victims to be young females.
  • Setting - The concept of the sequence was a teenage girl being followed on her way home so I focused more on the walking of the streets.
When filming this sequence I tried to use and experiment with different camera angles and movements.
With this sequence I tried to create this illusion that the camera is the stalker's POV in most shots.



0.18
  • Here I used 'handheld' to appear as though someone is coming up behind the girl giving an shaky effect to the captured footage. 
  • Mid shot


0.23
  • With this shot I used a long shot but captured some shrubbery in the frame to give the illusion that the stalker is perched beside a bush peering out on his victim.
  • Long shot

0.31

  • Again like before I used camera movement of 'handheld' to give the feel that it is the POV of the stalker due to the shaky quality to the sequence.






0.40
  • Here the victim has the sudden realisation they are being are followed. Here I used the use zoom to show the stalker encroaching on the victim. 


0.42
  • The victim has now turned around. This is showing the POV of the stalker and the victim looking directly at them.
  • Close up shot


  • Before I even showed the victim being followed I wanted to establish and set the scene. By this I showed several locations in which I shot some of the scenes. 
  • When I did this I experimented with several camera movements such as a vertical panning shot.
  • In the terms of editing I used the editing software 'iMovie'.
  • The sequence consisted of all straight cuts and is continuity edited.
  • As well as the use of match-on action - this can be seen 0.41

 Evaluation
  • Overall the outcome was okay however could be vastly improved due to a lot of things going wrong whilst filming such as having my camera on the wrong settings leading the quality to be a bit blurry as well as not having a fully functioning tripod.
  • In the future I would like to experiment with the use of steadicam as I feel it would have been a great feature if it was incorporated into this sequence.
  • Last couple of shots of the sequence are the key shots to the sequence as it shows that the victim is being followed. If I was to repeat this I would have tried to use more obvious shots to show that the girl/victim was being followed.






No comments:

Post a Comment