Sunday 24 November 2013

Practical Task

For this practical task I created a desk space for an obsessive killer. For our opening sequence our antagonist is obsessed with the idea of beauty, so I experimented with this idea by using dolls in this task.



I used the scrapbook entry from a previous task to reinforce the idea of this space belonging to someone with obsessive, unhealthy characteristics. I also arranged photos of the killer's potential new victims next to the scrapbook, as if the killer is waiting to add them to the scrapbook soon. The dolls were arranged at the head of the desk so they are visible at every angle and are a constant reminder of the perfection the killer is trying to achieve. They also overlook everything the killer does, adding a creepy atmosphere to the space which is useful to us as we plan to film something in the psychological horror genre.

Evaluation:

  • This task did not go as planned; I intended to print off many more photos and newspaper clippings and arrange them all over the desk and the wall, but was unable to due to difficulties with my printer.
  • As a result I had to use personal photos and photos from a magazine, which were not enough to cover the entire space as planned and so had to be arranged differently.
  • To improve, I will attempt this task again with better preparation and more photos to successfully create the obsessive mise-en-scene as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment