Wednesday 20 November 2013

Rerecording Sounds

As some of the last diegetic sounds I created were not successful, I rerecorded one using different materials and in a different location, as well as creating a new sound to replace another unsuccessful one.




I recorded this sound in an outdoors location, so there was some slight background noise but it did not interfere with the primary sound as much as noise in the last recordings did. This sound was achieved by knocking the branches in a bush into each other so the leaves rustled. I made this sound with a particular scene in mind, in which our antagonist stalks her victim.





This sound was created with real tools from a toolbox. I recorded myself taking several metal tools out of the box and knocking them against each other slightly. This sound could be used in a scene where our antagonist selects the tools she will take with her when she stalks her newest victim, as she uses tools as weapons to kill her victims with. I recorded this sound in my living room, but there is no noticeable background noise in this recording, unlike the previous sounds I created in my house. Therefore, this recording is more successful than the ones I made before.

Evaluation
I feel that these sounds are more effective and successful than my previous recordings, because:

  • I used more realistic materials
  • I was more considerate of potential background noise
  • They sound more authentic than some of the previous recordings
To improve, I will use proper recording equipment for the final sounds that will be used in the editing process, so they will be of a higher quality than these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment