Sunday 8 December 2013

Killer's Souvenir Jars

Inspired by American Horror Story season 1, our killer will have body parts kept in jars around their workspace in their basement, to reflect upon their obsessive mindset.


  • I created the shape of a severed finger and some teeth from plasticine.
  • I used a craft knife to make many thin indents on the finger, to make it appear shrivelled from being in a jar of chemicals for a period of time.
  • I also made the plasticine into the shape of a bone protruding from the bottom of the finger, to show that it had been taken from a living person.



  • I then used acrylic paint to paint the finger.
  • I used yellows, blues and reds, which had the effect of making the finger appear to be decaying.
  • I painted the teeth white and yellow.








  • I put the teeth in an empty jar with a little fake blood.
  • I put the finger in a jar of water with some diluted fake blood as well as some ochre yellow paint.
  • In the third jar, I filled a quarter of it with fake blood.



  • We will use these jars in the set of the basement scene, which is where the killer tortures and drains the blood of their victims.
  • By having features such as these around their 'workspace', the audience will become aware of their obsessive, psychotic behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment