Sunday 1 December 2013

Fatal Wounds Makeup

For this practical tasks I used special effects to create strangulation marks and a slashed wrist.


Strangulation Marks

I used this video as a guide as I have never done this makeup before:




As I did not have the same materials as the person in the video used (a bruise wheel) I used cosmetic products instead such as dark lipsticks and eyeshadows. I started by putting some of these products on my hand and placing my hand on my neck in a choking position. After I had marked out where the most prominent bruising would be, I applied more of the products and blended them to get this result:



Slashed Wrist
I did not use an online tutorial for this as I have experience in creating this kind of makeup. I first used eyelash glue to create the shape of the cut on my wrist:



 When the glue was tacky I used a cocktail stick to draw a line down the middle so that when the glue had dried the cut would be visible. I also used the stick to push the edges of the glue away from the 'cut' so they would look like raised skin. Then I used dark red and purple cream products to fill in the cut:



To finish, I applied a blood red cream product to the cut to make it look more realistic, then added fake blood to get this result:



Evaluation
What went wrong:

  • I did not have all the products used in the strangulation marks tutorial so I had to use cosmetic products which did not look as realistic
  • I did not have as much fake blood as I had anticipated beforehand so I had to improvise and make my own with cosmetic and household items, which again did not look very realistic
To improve:
  • Ensure that I have the necessary products needed beforehand so the outcome is as successful as possible
This task is useful because special effects makeup will be used in our group's film opening, so we can refer to this post to see what kind of wounds could be used on the actors in our piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment