Sunday 1 December 2013

Killer's Notebook

  In our opening sequence, the killer is seen looking through their notebook.  This notebook is where they plan and document their killings.
  I used a plain, black, leather notebook and modified it to appear old and well used.
  We want the book to look old, as this will reflect on the fact that the killer has been planning and taking victims for a very long time.
  • Using scissors, I made scratch marks on the surface, and cut small incisions into the edges of the book.
  • I used black acrylic paint to make permanent smudges on the surface of the cover.
  • All of these features make the book look old and well used.
  • I also scratched words from the Bible onto the cover.


  • I tied the book closed with a piece of string.
  • The string is frayed and brown to show that it has been tied and untied many times.









  • I folded over A4 pieces of paper and slipped then into the book.  I also folded one piece over many times and put it in the centre of the book, to make it appear thicker.
  • This had the effect of making the book appear to be full of information.
  • I cut into the edges of the paper as well, and used a tea bag to yellow them.  This made them appear older.




  Overall, this book would be effective for our opening sequence, however, I feel that another, larger one will need to be made as this one is too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment