Sunday 12 January 2014

Typography Manipulation.

Typography: Adoble Photoshop CS6.

This week I decided to try and mnipulate different fonts of text to try and make them have different effects on them in adoble photoshop CS6.




Typography: Title.

I used photoshop CS6 to play around with what we could do with our title's typography for our film opening. 

For the some of them I used a property of satin and made the boldness of the actual red colour mode bold and more faded to see what it would look like. On one of them I also changed the position of the effect so that it wasnt covering the whole of the text, so some of the original black text was still there.

I also did some basic effects like putting a jagged edge round some of the text and putting borders of a different colour on some and changed the colour of the text to a different one and putting a gradient on it as well.

I also put a back shadow on one to make it look like that text is more 3D but no actually being 3D. I also used an effect where you put another colour onto the text and make it speckled by turing the colour's effect onto disappear and so it doesn't cover the whole of the text but makes it look like it is speckled or splattered with the colour.

Evaluation.
Overall I think the text I have created were good but quite basic so they could be developed more to actually changing the shape of the text itself. This would give the text a more developed and professional look and may also be more parallel with our film opening and it's genre of a psychological horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment