Sunday 5 January 2014

Basement mise en scene


  • The killer's basement has a wall covered in photographs of past kills and plans for future kills.  I had already begun to create this wall, but I have expanded it, as the larger it is, the clearer their psychopathic nature is to the audience.








  • I used the photographs of one of the killer's victims, Cara.
  • I also made notes on pieces of notebook paper, which include observations that our killer made when stalking Cara.







  • I stuck the pictures together with masking tape in a fashion that was not particularly neat, as I wanted the finished wall to have a 'home made' appearance.








  • I added smudges of blood to show that the killer put this part of the wall together shortly after the murder.
  • I also used charcoal to make notes around the images, and to censor certain body parts that the killer found unappealing.






  • Overall, I feel that the complete wall is effective, as it clearly conveys that there have been many past killings.
  • Although some features, such as the fake blood, appear unrealistic, the basement will be in low key lighting and the unrealistic result will not be as obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment