Saturday 4 January 2014

Making a Noose.

Mise-en-Scene: Noose.

For our film opening we would be needing a noose in which the killer uses to hang their victims in their lair. 



1. For this I went and brought around 3 metres of rope from a building shop and looked up a tutorial of how to make a noose online and found a well explained video on youtube on how to do so.



 2. Firstly I made the rope into a loose 'S' shape with a long amount of rope on each end.



3. Next I made the 'S' shape closer together and pinched it in the middle making sure I had all of the loops held together.



4. Then I took one end of the rope and wrapped it around the rope 13 times to make sure the loop was secure.


5. Afterwards I had a smaller loop one end and a short length of rope. I put the short length of rope through the small loop and pulled on one side of the larger loop to secure this end.

5. Finally I pulled the other side of the large loop to make it bigger and more presentable to finish.

Evaluation.

I thought that this piece of mise-en-scene was quite effective as because it wasn't too thick it allowed it to look like anyone could have made it instead of it looking too pre-made. I also tried doing this with a much thicker piece of rope but it was very difficult to manipulate and actually make into a noose and so was not as successful or effective than the other, thinner piece of rope. I think we could use this in our film opening in small short clips of it hanging in the killer's lair, swinging and it being still as well to show that it is and has been used by the killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment