Sunday 26 January 2014

Editing Ideas

Letterbox Frame


  • To create this effect I made a template in the style of 'letterbox'
  • In order for it to work I had to make the video section green because when I select the green-screen option it will make the centre section transparent
  • This will reveal the footage underneath creating the letterbox look
  • This will create a cinematic effect


How I did it:



  •  Firstly I created a letterbox template and saved it to my desktop.
  • I then dragged it from my desktop onto my footage.





  • Once I had dragged it onto my footage, a selection box appeared.
  • I then selected green screen.
  • Once this has been selected my footage is now in the style of a letterbox frame.



With Letterbox                                                                         Without Letterbox
  • Overall I am quite pleased with this effect on the footage.
  • I feel that by using the letterbox framing it adds more drama to the scene. Which will look good in the long run when we create the final opening sequence.
  • As well as this it makes the scene feel more professional and gives off a cinematic look.

Brief Trial


  • In this short sequence I wanted to try and incorporate many of the ideas I have already looked at and bring them together.
  • Using previous footage and some flashback footage that Ellen had shot, I combined the two to create a short sequence to provide as a mock up for the final film opening. 
  • I used the hands and the flicking back to the blood drenched shots to provide the audience a visual of the 'Killer' recalling his past memories of past victim(s).
  • As well as creating this scene I tried to work a credit into the sequence to form an idea of how the final sequence will look.
  • I used one of the fonts I had looked at in my previous post where I came up with many possibilities of fonts and layouts I could use.
- - -
  • Overall I'm not impressed with the outcome of this sequence.
  • One reason for this is the credits. I feel that the credits don't tie in very well and are out of place. Maybe to improve I could overlay it over the footage, however I feel that this won't work either as the footage is likely to overpower the font.
  • As well as this the font has been designed to only be used on a black background.
  • Though I do like the juxtaposition between the neat and clean journal to the messy and blood drenched body parts.
  • I feel that to improve, I could work on the timings of the footage and the order in which they come on.


No comments:

Post a Comment