Wednesday 9 October 2013

Practical Source of Inspiration

Location Inspiration.

Cabin in the Woods Inspiration.

When watching cabin in the woods I was inspired to image what it would be like to try and use a location similar to the one used in the film, e.g. a woodland area. I considered a few areas near to me to go and photograph in different ways and came up with a few different images to show how this location could be used when making a film opening.





I went to a wooded area in Eltham and walked around to get a feel for the area before deciding where and what to take pictures of which would be affective.


I took a few pictures of more open areas which I thought would be good if there was a chase scene happening or a long, establishing shot was needed to show the audience where the whole sequence was set.

I also took some pictures of area which were of paths and overgrown areas which I though could be used as hiding places and places where tension could be built for the audience.





















AdULTHOOD.




 I was also inspired by the film adulthood, which is an urban drama, because of the varied locations that were used in the film to portray the different types of areas the characters can live, work and play in during the film.

I tried to think of areas of the film that I could try to recreate in some way with the devices that I had available to myself. I managed to organise an evening to go out and photograph certain areas of interest such as underpasses, alley ways, bridges, flat buildings, etc.

I believe that these locations could be used in many different days and at any time during a day as in the day time or with sunlight these would be good to show the audience the area the characters are in. But they would also be appropriate for at night time or evening too as it gives the area a sense of tension and mystery.



 Alley Way       
Alley Way         
Office BuildingAlley Way           
Alley way/ bridge
Bridge              
Bridge/train tack
Bridge          
Block of Flats
Underpass
Office Building
Underneath flats




My Strengths

I believe that my strengths that could help us with our film opening are organisation and creativity as I can come up with ideas for the story or the film opening on a whole and I can also organise dates and people who are needed for each day so that everything runs to plan and we are able to meet the correct deadlines for all of our work, e.g. I can make sure we don't run overtime on certain parts of the project.
















No comments:

Post a Comment