Sunday 23 February 2014

Mise-en-Scene: Jars

As my last attempt at making the killer's jars was unsuccessful, I tried again with different materials to make the jar look more realistic and effective.


  • I used warm water and brown/yellow coloured materials such as gravy granules, honey and tea to make the liquid inside the jar look old and decayed, to show the killer has kept these jars as souvenirs for a long time. The liquid is also not as opaque as my previous attempt, so the solids in the jar can still be seen.
  • For the 'body parts', I used dried orange peel and orange segments as I felt they resembled human insides or decayed human flesh.

 





Overall this attempt was more successful than the previous jar I created, as it looks somewhat more realistic. However I am still not happy with this jar as the liquid was not hot enough to mix all the ingredients together, so some of them stayed solid and stuck to the bottom and sides of the jar, and therefore took away from the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment