Wednesday 5 February 2014

Killer's Jars

To establish the mental instability and obsessive nature of our serial killer, we decided that she would keep body parts of her victims in jars, which we would include in the mise-en-scene of her lair. To prepare for the scene of the lair, I attempted to make these kinds of jars with household items.

  • I used tap water mixed with green and yellow paint to create the liquid inside the jars
  • I tried to use pieces of fruit as body parts, but these would float to the top of the liquid and could not be seen from the side. They also did not look realistic, and so were ineffective.
  • I then moulded red and yellow plasticine into finger and toe shapes, and painted them grey and green to make them look decayed.


My first attempt was not successful, as the liquid looked too bright and was too opaque, so the plasticine models could not be seen.




 

My second attempt was slightly more successful, but was still ineffective as the liquid was still too opaque and the paint on the plasticine came off in the liquid, so the bright colours could be seen and so made the models look unrealistic.

To improve next time, I will experiment with different materials and ensure the ones I use look as effective and realistic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment